Friday, 6 December 2013

The Dead by Charlie Higson




The Dead by Charlie Higson


This book is a young adult horror book set in a post apocalyptic world. I read this book without knowing that it was the second book in a trilogy. But I only realised this after I had finished the book, it was a very easy read and simple to follow on but the best thing was how realistic it was. It answered that question in every kids mind, of what the world would be like without adults, only in this book everybody aged 16 and up turn into the walking dead. But what I found most interesting is how they coped with it, because there were no adults there wasn't any:

  • TV
  • Laptops
  • Computers
  • Food
  • Electricity
  • Hot water

My favourite bit about this book was how all the girls drowned them in cheap perfume trying not to act like they hadn't had a proper shower in weeks.
The cover of this book is very clever. It has a read background (to signify blood and death) and an eye with a skull instead of a pupil (to signify that the adults may be moving and blinking, but they are not alive inside.)
I have not read or heard of another book like this one, The Dead is very original.
















No comments:

Post a Comment